Friday, 1 July 2011

Tea Time





Would you like a cup of tea?
A hot cup of Kenyan tea is the best, and it should be served with milk and sugar, and a few tea biscuits on the side. Tea time is a special time for just sitting and visiting with others, unlike coffee that can be carried around in a mug or paper cup all day, tea needs to be properly served in a tea cup, with saucer, while sitting down enjoying a visit and a moment of calm in your day.
 
Would you like a cup of tea?
Is the question most often asked by my mother, as she is already pouring the hot water for her own cup of tea. Mom is British, and that means I was given warm tea in my bottle while I was still a baby in arms. Feeling a bit poorly? - Tea was always the first remedy, and when that didn’t work, other secondary methods were considered, but not until "a spot of tea" might be just what you needed.

Would you like a cup of tea?
Seems to say so much more... "Tell me about your day." "How was your date?" "What did the doctor say?"... and it seems to mean so much more, too. Sitting down and sharing a cup of tea together is stopping time for just a few moments while hearts listen to each other.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were prepared early for Kenya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was, Jessi. :o) Thank you. (by Jane Coley)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this makes me want to have a "tea party" or to fly myself to Kenya and have a cup of tea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome to come to Kenya, but that would really be an expensive cup of tea, Becca. :o)
    (by Jane Coley)

    ReplyDelete